- Start on all fours, in tabletop, position. Make sure that your knees are directly underneath your hips and your wrists are directly underneath your shoulders, spreading the fingertips wide. Really push in between the space of your shoulder blades. Spine and neck are long. Push the tops of the feet into the mat
- On your next inhale, drop your belly, look forward and open through your heart (Cow Pose)
- On your exhale, round through the spine, pull your navel to spine, chin to chest and really push the mat away (Cat Pose)
- Do this flow for a minute to bring movement into your spine
Things on how to do it:
- If you are having any pain or issues with your wrists, you can either come onto fists or onto your elbows and do this flow. Alternatively, you can move your hands a few inches forward to take the pressure off
- If you have a neck injury, keep the neck in line with the torso
- For a deeper stretch, you can hold Cow and Cat pose for 3-5 breaths before going back into the flow
Things to avoid:
- Avoid bending the arms at the elbows whilst you are doing the flow
Head over to my YouTube channel for the instructional video on how to do Cat/Cow. Whilst you are there, why not subscribe to my channel and never miss a video?
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.