- Stand with your feet either hip distance apart or flash together, grounding into the mat. Shift your weight into the left foot and come onto the tiptoes of your right foot.
- Engage through your left buttocks, really grounding down through all four corners of the left foot. Hug your right knee into your chest. Gaze at a point that is not moving. Stay here for a moment, finding your balance.
- Guide your right knee out to the right side and then place it onto the inside of your left leg. You can place it anywhere, but the knee. Ensure that your hips are square.
- Your hand can be on your hips, in prayer in your heart centre, over your head or interlaced behind your back.
- Stay here for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- To come out of the pose, exhale your arms to your sides, hug your right knee back into your chest and on your exhale lower your right foot down. Shake out your legs then repeat on the other side
Tips on how to do it:
- shoulders away from ears
- draw shoulder blades toward each other for an open chest
- hips are level
- press thigh into the foot and foot into the thigh
- press evenly into all 4 corners of the standing foot
- you can use the wall or the back of a chair to help you balance
Things to avoid:
- foot pushing into the knee
- hips are not level
Head over to my YouTube channel for the instructional video on how to do Tree pose. Whilst you are there, why not subscribe to my channel and never miss a video?
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.