Warrior 2, also known as Virabhadrasana B, is a powerful pose with a lot of benefits.
- From mountain pose, step the right foot to the back of the mat. Ensuring that the outside of your right foot in line with the back of the mat left toes pointing forward. Feet are either heel to heel or heel to arch aligned.
- Bend your left knee until it’s directly over your left ankle, then push the left knee out to the left so that you can see at least the first couple of your left toes. Keep pushing through the outside of your right foot.
- Bring your arms parallel to the floor, palms facing down, shoulders away from your ears.
- Look over your left middle finger into the distance, ensuring that your arms are in line with each other
- Stay here for 30 seconds, step back into mountain pose and repeat on the other side.
Tips on how to do it:
- Root down into all four corners of the foot
- Hips are even
- Shoulder blades draw to each other
- Magnetize feet to find a lift in the pelvic floor
- Thigh bone parallel to the floor
- Lengthen sides of the trunk
Things to avoid:
- Wrists not in line with the shoulders
- Back knee bend
- Distance between feet too short
- Hips turning in instead of turning out
- Front hip not opening
- Arms not straight
- Strengthen legs
- Opens the hips and chest
- Develops concentration, balance and groundedness
- Improves circulation and respiration
- Energises the whole body
Head over to my YouTube channel for the instructional video on how to do Warrior 2. Whilst you are there, why not subscribe to my channel and never miss a video?
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.