Prenatal yoga classes
My prenatal classes objectives are: move, breath, rest connect to baby, prepare for birth. Every class has a different theme and focus with the objectives in mind. These classes are relaxing, getting you moving and I will give you some tools that can be used during labour. As part of these classes, you will also start connecting with your baby and start building that bond between you.
- Keeps your body strong, not only to support the pregnancy but also to cope with the demands of labour
- Provides gentle stretching of the body, lengthening of the spine, whilst creating space for baby
- Keeps your bones and ligaments healthy by providing gentle weight-bearing exercise and taking your joints through a healthy range of motion
- Reduces fluid retention
- Relieves back pain and general discomforts of pregnancy
- Helps to control the symptoms of nausea, heartburn and reflux
- Strengthens the pelvic floor
- Teaches you breathing and relaxation techniques to use during labour
- Everything taught at the class is designed with the pregnant woman in mind
Postnatal Baby yoga classes
The Baby & Postnatal yoga classes start off with a dry baby massage to get the baby and mum relaxed and for them to start bonding through touch. This is complemented by some singing of nursery rhymes, babies love hearing mum’s sing. After this, we move on to baby yoga to give baby some physical activity and 1:1 attention from the parent. Baby dependant, the class finishes off with some postnatal yoga for mum to start healing her body, and start concentrating on herself for a few minutes.
Below is a list of some of the benefits of every part of the class.
Baby massage, in particular, is an excellent way for you to get to know your baby. Baby massage helps mum bond with the baby and after class, she can teach dad what they have learnt in class so that he can start massaging the baby it at home as well and bond with baby.
All new parents out there will be delighted to hear that baby massage induces sleep, making it a perfect nighttime activity. At home you can either incorporate a massage into your baby’s nighttime routine, massaging after the bath, or do it instead of a bath.
Baby massage also:
- relieves symptoms of colic and constipation
- improves digestion
- aids sleep patterns
- helps relieve the pain of teething
- unblocks nasal congestion during a cold
- improves circulation and therefore removes toxins from the body
The many practices of baby yoga provide recourses to handle babies in ways that they enjoy and that is good for them at every stage of development. An expanding spiral of joy is created between parent and baby as babies express their delight and parents’ warm responses generate even greater delight.
- All the babies bodily systems are stimulated, including the digestive and nervous systems
- Baby Yoga offers recourses to keep babies contented between feeds and helps alleviate wind and colic
- Baby Yoga reduces the frustration of babies in the transition of one developmental stage to another while assisting their transitions
- Tactile stimulation has been shown to contribute to the development of the brain and the nervous system.
- Baby yoga helps the parent and baby to get to know each other better through active means of communication that are easy to learn and practice
- New challenges introduced at a pace that babies can absorb and integrate increase their ability to cope positively with new situations
- Active interaction with parents is the foundation for future positive social relations over the early years and beyond
- Joint relaxation is mutually beneficial for parents and babies and enhances non-verbal communication between them. Early birth trauma can be resolved and healed through this loving interaction.
Postnatal yoga uses movement, balance and relaxation to allow your body to recover from pregnancy and birth. It helps to heal the body and mind, and repair all the tissues back to their former glory.
There are many benefits to attending a postnatal yoga class, in particular, this type of yoga
- restores hormonal balance
- eases pressure on the nervous system
- helps build up strength in the spine
- minimises the effects of holding and feeding a baby
- helps ease the effects of other heavy lifting (eg car seats)
- Provides rest and instant relaxation
- Helps reduce anxiety and depression
- Restores the body towards full core strength
Baby Massage and Baby yoga
In home courses or one-off classes are available. Why not host for your NCT group and split the cost and make it a social gathering with some refreshments afterwards?
In home courses or one-off classes are available
In home courses or one-off classes are available
One Off: £40 per hour
4-Class Bundle: £145
(I cover the following areas: Brighton, Burgess Hill and surrounding areas)
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.