Are you expecting? That is wonderful. It’s such an exciting time. Safe exercising during this time can be hard for some people. Prenatal Yoga is a great way to safely exercise during pregnancy.
Prenatal yoga classes are designed to focus on moving, breathing, resting, connecting to the baby and to prepare for the birth.
- Keeps your body strong, not only to support the pregnancy but also to cope with the demands of labour
- Provides gentle stretching of the body, lengthening of the spine, whilst creating space for baby
- Keeps your bones and ligaments healthy by providing gentle weight-bearing exercise and taking your joints through a healthy range of motion
- Reduces fluid retention
- Relieves back pain and general discomforts of pregnancy
- Helps to control the symptoms of nausea, heartburn and reflux
- Strengthens the pelvic floor
- Teaches you breathing and relaxation techniques to use during labour
- Everything taught at the class is designed with the pregnant woman in mind
Prenatal Yoga Video
Practice this short Prenatal Yoga video every time you need to get your body moving in a safe way!
Do you want to have either private or group Prenatal yoga lessons with myself, either in person or via Skype? Head over to my Pre- and Postnatal yoga page for more information.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.