It’s the time of year again, where we are looking at the year ahead and starting to set intentions and goals of what we’d like to achieve in the new year. There are many different ways of how you can do that and what questions you want to ask yourself and exercises you can do to help you figure out your goals. Below are 20 questions about goal setting and other factors that might influence you achieving your goal. The main purpose of setting goals and intentions is to take time out and just listen to your inner voice, possibly your gut feeling.
- What is your goal?
- By when do you want to achieve this?
- What would you like to happen that is not happening now, or what would you like not to happen that is happening now?
- Is it realistic?
- Will that be of real value for you?
- Is it positive and challenging for you?
- What have you achieved to date in reaching this goal?
- How would you break down this goal into manageable sub goals?
- What have you tried/done so far to reach this goal?
- Why haven’t you reached this goal already?
- What is really stopping you?
- What other factors are relevant?
- What could you do as the next step in reaching this goal?
- Who might be able to help?
- Whom do you admire who does this well?
- What could you do that they do?
- What are the next steps?
- What obstacles do you expect to meet?
- What support do you need?
- What are you going to do next?
Now, rate your level of commitment from one to ten. Be honest about that. If you score anything below 7, you might have to look at your prioritise at the moment and maybe put another goal over this one. This is a good exercise to prioritise your different goals at a given time and then work on the goal with the highest score and achieve and make 2018 your most successful year yet.
Let me know how you are getting on with these and if they helped you and maybe if you want to share, what your goals for 2018 are.
Until next time,
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.