Everyone knows that yoga has many benefits. We read all about it all the time. I wanted to get a real feel for how yoga has benefited students lives.
I put out a survey to different yoga groups and had over 100 responses in 24 hours. These people are every day, normal people. From different walks of life, countries, age group. A real mix, which is what I wanted for this survey.
Every single person in the survey said that yoga has made a difference to their life on and off the mat!
Benefits of yoga
Here are some of the benefits that students noticed:
- feeling more confident
- feeling grounded and in control
- knowing that they can deal with the situation
- being more mindful
- improvement of physical health
- due to the daily movement, it helped with pains and aches
- stronger body
- more flexible
- helps to deal with stress and anxiety
- feeling calmer and focused
- able to deal with stressful situations in a better way
- helps to live in the moment
- feeling more balanced
- having more energy
Self-love was in a lot of the responses. In today’s society, we tend to forget about ourselves. We are bombarded with the ‘perfect’ body, life, yoga pose etc. Yoga helps to connect with yourself and accept you as you are. You are perfect just as you are!
An overwhelming amount of students have noticed how much of an impact yoga has on their mental health. They are less anxious, less stressed, calmer and more balanced.
As you can see there are many benefits of yoga. What have you noticed since you started practising?