This is an easy Smoothie recipe, that can be made in the mornings and have either as a mid-morning snack or to tide you over until lunch.
I started making this smoothie as I sometimes teach over lunchtime, which would mean that I wouldn’t eat lunch until 3 pm. By the time I was teaching my last class, I was exhausted as I didn’t have anything to eat since I left the house in the morning. So I started making this smoothie to have between classes, or even during class.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 banana
- half a bonnet of raspberry’s
- 2 tablespoons yoghurt (any kind of yoghurt you’d like)
- A dash of Milk (to get it to the consistency I’d like the smoothie to be)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (optional – I started using protein powder on the days that I teach to give something back to my body)
- chocolate nibs (optional – put in as many as you’d like, I usually use a teaspoon)
Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend. 🙂 I love making this smoothie and have it on the weekends. It fills me up and gives me well-needed nutrients. Smoothies are a great way to get your five a day.
It’s so easy to do and I have the majority of the ingredients at home anyway. You can add any other ingredients you’d like to add, especially any other fruit. Sometimes I also add kiwi or strawberry’s, just depends on what I have at home.
Let me know below on what you think of this smoothie and what your favourite ingredients are.