This is an easy Smoothie recipe, that can be made in the mornings and have either as a mid-morning snack or to tide you over until lunch.
I started making this smoothie as I sometimes teach over lunchtime, which would mean that I wouldn’t eat lunch until 3 pm. By the time I was teaching my last class, I was exhausted as I didn’t have anything to eat since I left the house in the morning. So I started making this smoothie to have between classes, or even during class.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 banana
- half a bonnet of raspberry’s
- 2 tablespoons yoghurt (any kind of yoghurt you’d like)
- A dash of Milk (to get it to the consistency I’d like the smoothie to be)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (optional – I started using protein powder on the days that I teach to give something back to my body)
- chocolate nibs (optional – put in as many as you’d like, I usually use a teaspoon)
Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend. 🙂 I love making this smoothie and have it on the weekends. It fills me up and gives me well-needed nutrients. Smoothies are a great way to get your five a day.
It’s so easy to do and I have the majority of the ingredients at home anyway. You can add any other ingredients you’d like to add, especially any other fruit. Sometimes I also add kiwi or strawberry’s, just depends on what I have at home.
Let me know below on what you think of this smoothie and what your favourite ingredients are.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.